Government big data CONFERENCE & EXPO
October 19, 2017
The amount of data used by organizations has been exploding — 90% of the data in the world today has been created in the last four years alone, and much of it is unstructured. It’s not just the amount of data that presents challenges; the types of data being collected are changing and coming from everywhere: sensors used to gather climate information, posts to social media sites, digital pictures and videos posted online, transaction records of online purchases, and from cell phone GPS signals to name a few.
Analyzing large data sets — or big data — has become increasingly complex when needing to identify trends, combat crime, drive efficiency and quality, and reduce fraud and errors. Developing a Big Data plan can deliver many opportunities, but with these opportunities also come challenges, such as how to capture, store, manage, share, analyze, search and protect large amounts of data — as well as having the right employee skills who can derive actionable insight from large amounts of data through analytical techniques and statistical analysis.
Participate in digital government institute’s 6th annual big data conference & expo, and explore:
- How to effectively address the overwhelming task of managing big data
- How to harness the power of large amounts of data
- The technological developments that allow analysts to store, manage and analyze large and diverse datasets
- The potential benefits big data applications and solutions can provide agencies, including the ability to integrate disparate datasets for analysis and interagency cooperation
What attendees said about the 2016 conference:
- “Speakers were so knowledgeable and had great presentations! The organization of the event, flow of schedule was perfect.”
- “I felt engaged and learned a lot.”
- “I enjoyed learning to understand what the challenges are in implementing an enterprise Big Data strategy.”
- “I liked the visualization use cases. That brought a lot of the discussion to a practical level.”
- “As usual, the selection of speakers and presentation are always up to date on topics, provide expertise for looking at trends & methods.”
By October 6
After October 6
* Includes contractors with valid government email and photo ID.
Ronald Reagan Building
1300 Pennsylvania Ave. NW
The Federal Triangle metro stop (orange/blue/silver lines) is located on site.