IPv6 Virtual Conference
February 10, 2022
Efforts are underway to complete the transition to Internet Protocol Version 6 (IPv6). It is widely affirmed the full transition to IPv6 is necessary to keep pace with the rapid growth of users, devices and the evolution to mobile and wireless networks. The updated memo titled “Completing the Transition to Internet Protocol Version 6 (IPv6)” replaces M-05-22 and the Transition to IPv6 from 9/28/10.
As Federal agencies transition to an IPv6 only environment in their current operations, they have the opportunity to employ the new technology to optimize business functions and improve efficiencies and citizen services. The technological advances provided will enhance support for mobile devices, improve security at the network level, and allow the government agencies to utilize high performance networks to achieve their respective missions.
Digital Government Institute’s IPv6 Virtual Conference program is designed to help those involved with and interested in an IPv6-only network environment by:
- Providing an in-depth review of the new policy and upcoming benchmarks
- Exploring v6 best practices, benchmark strategies, and lessons learned from other agencies
- Review IPv6 security capabilities
- Identifying opportunities for IPv6 pilots
- Reviewing examples of IPv6 implementation plans
- And more