M-19-21 Mission Accomplished?
All event times are U.S. Eastern time
- 0MB Memorandum M-12-18, Managing Government Records Directive, required to the fullest extent possible, agencies eliminate paper and use electronic recordkeeping.
- 0MB Memorandum M-14-16, Guidance on Managing Email, with goal of by December 31, 2016, Federal agencies will manage both permanent and temporary email records in an electronically accessible format
- OMB Memorandum M-19-21, Transition to Electronic Records, required Federal records are created, retained, and managed in electronic formats, with appropriate metadata; and consistent with records management laws and regulations, develop plans to close agency-operated storage facilities for paper and other, analog records, and transfer those records to Federal Records Centers operated by NARA or commercial storage facilities by 12/31/22.
Welcome and Opening Remarks
Mike Smoyer, President, Digital Government Institute
Transition to Electronic Records Lessons Learned – What Lies Ahead
Cecilia Wiker, CIP, Deputy Director, Information Governance and Compliance, Agency Records Officer, DLA
Jeanette Plante, Director, Office of Records Management Policy, Department of Justice
Arian Ravanbakhsh, Supervisor, Policy and Program Support Team, Office of the Chief Records Officer, NARA
5 Things to Consider after Records Digitization
Bill Tolson, VP Compliance and eDiscovery, Archive360
Managing Websites, Social Media, and Other Dynamic Data to Meet Directive M-19-21 Requirements
Peter Boulton, Director, Enterprise Sales, PageFreezer
M-19-21 The Metadata Is As Important As the Record
Raymond Davis, Records Management SME, Feith Systems & Software
M-19-21 – So We Got an Extension….Now What?
Justin Head, Product Evangelist, Collabware
- CPE CREDITS: 2.0
In order to receive CPE credit, attendees must fulfill all of these requirements:
- Attend the entire program
- Respond to all poll questions
- Complete and submit the post-event survey